Saturday, June 18, 2005

ProConBikeYay!

So I started riding my bike alot. This is good. Good exercise, good fun, saves money and is better for the environment. However, certain people seem to think that bikes are a nuisance. I am afraid that on 3 out of 5 occasions I am forced to use what some people like to use the "single fingered mudra of contempt".
And profanity.
Lots of profanity.
It is illegal for bikes to ride on the sidewalk in Minneapolis. It is also illegal for me to shout "YIELD TO BIKES ASSHOLE!" in the middle of the street. Although I must admit it is emotionally cleansing like primal scream therapy.
Of course I am not exactly built for speed. Some peoples bodies are built like ferraris. Mine is built more like this. Of course some people are also incredibly vain and have too much time on their hands to spend at the gym.
Eventually I will be able to hold my own a little bit better and not get so many people mad at me. But Minneapolis is supposed to be a bike friendly city, and for the most part it succeeds. What it fails at is having bike friendly citizens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker